A brief timeline...
May 1924 - Thirty-six interested individuals meet at the Goodman Avenue School and form "St. Paul" to be affiliated with the Evangelical Synod of North America.December
The Rev. Henry C. Koch becomes the first resident pastor.
The new church edifice on Parrish Avenue is completed at a cost of $21,000.
The parsonage is built at the corner of Parrish & Goodman serving as the home of eight pastors until its sale in 1954.
Our name is officially changed to St. Paul Evangelical and Reformed Church, as a result of the merger of the Evangelical Synod and the Reformed Church denominations.
Membership grows to 300.
One hundred and nineteen family members and friends of St. Paul Church respond to their country's call serving in WWII.
St. Paul celebrates 25 years with a membership of 677.
The Clovernook Theater with parking lot at the corner of Hamilton and Goodman Avenues is purchased to accommodate the growing congregation.
Rev. Rudolf Gruenke is called to the ministry at St. Paul. His tenure lasts 13.5 years.
Church membership reaches 726. Attendance averages 385 with Sunday School attendance averaging 278
Ground is broken for the present sanctuary and educational building.
The first worship service is held in our present sanctuary.
Rev. Rudolf Gruenke retires and is named Pastor Emeritus.
Rev. Nathan Wierwille is called as Pastor.
Membership reaches 1208, Sunday School enrollment is 390.1984
Rev. Nathan Wierwille retires and is named Pastor Emeritus.
Debut of new pipe organ.
Rev. Andrew J. Bierkan begins his ministry at St. Paul.
St. Paul UCC celebrates its seventy-fifth anniversary.
Renovation of several areas of the building begins.
Contemporary Service begins on Sunday evenings. Building renovations completed
Finish history here...
Rev. Dr. Will Stackhouse begins his ministry at St. Paul